1. They don't think of their fitness as work, but rather a way of life.
It's kind of like taking a shower, sure you can go without one, but you just don't feel right the rest of the day.
2. They don't skip workouts. They take training days as seriously as a Dr.'s appointment.
Appointments and meetings get scheduled around their workout time, not the other way around.
3. They take their rest as seriously as their workouts.
They know that in order to perform at their best and to get the most out of their body, they have to give it a rest. Rest days and sleep are as essential as the workouts themself.
4. They eat to fuel their goals.
Everything they eat serves a purpose. Protein for muscles, carbs for energy, and produce for vitamins,minerals and antioxidants. Treats are done, but never over-done.
5. They tune everything out when they work out.
Focus. They know that anything you give your undivided attention to works out better. Being in tune with your body allows them to make tweaks, and know which tweaks to make.
6. They push through frustration.
If you think it's easy for the super fit to get fit, and stay fit, you're wrong. They're highly competitive and always striving to hit new goals. They struggle like everyone else with busy lives, stress, plateaus, fatigue, and frustration. But there's isn't a thought of giving up, it's just a matter of finding their answer.
7. They prepare their food in advance and don't leave hunger to chance.
They know what they'll be eating the whole day. If they don't bring their food, they know what they can order off menus and what they can find at a grocery store. Drive-throughs don't exist in their world.
8. They use their flaws as motivators, not a reason to give up.
They see their flaws (even if you don't) and despise them like everyone else. But rather than letting their flaws bring them down, they use them to motivate them UP.
9. They envision the win-goal-finish line every day.
The goal is crystal clear in their mind. The thought of the sculpted body, or winning the race always keeps them motivated. Regardless of life's pressures they race towards the winner's tape.
10. Persistance, persistance, persistance.
They are persistent.
11. There are no excuses.
They learned early that excuses are time-suckers and don't get you anywhere near your goal. Better to get it done then whine about why you didn't.
12. There is no giving up.